1.10.2010

Roasted Peppers & Goat Cheese Sandwich

The last few months have been insanely busy, so I'm easing myself back into this whole cooking thing. I had great ambitions when I went to the store as I was going to master a shrimp bisque. I even trekked over to the liquor store for brandy and sherry in 20 degree weather. All to discover that the grocery store didn't have half of what I needed. So instead I picked up a few random things while remembering a picture in a cookbook. Here goes a veggie sandwich - I know half of you will be like, um where's the meat, but I swear, if you try this you will like it!

The recipe I partially remembered is from the Barefoot Contessa - she calls for roasting your own peppers, which I did not remember. Instead, I bought a jar of roasted red peppers. Much easier and quicker. What you need: good bread (i used sourdough), roasted peppers, red onion, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, goat cheese. (The original recipe also called for capers and other peppers, but like I said i only partially remembered the ingredients)

First up - dice up the roasted peppers and red onion and place in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. (Look at the pretty silver mixing bowl - one of 5 i got for Christmas!)

Next, spread goat cheese across the bottom of the bread. Top it with the mixture in the bowl, top with basil and season with a little more salt and pepper.

Devour in a matter of minutes. lol! Seriously though this could be a genius and easy appetizer for a party and it looks fancy, when its really not. Just get a long sourdough, ciabatta or any other kind of good bread, do everything above, and then cut in smaller pieces.

Ok I promise the next few posts will be actual cooking and not so much assembling!

No comments:

Post a Comment