The original recipe can be found here. My version follows below and serves 2.
- mahi-mahi fillets (2)
- garlic cloves (about 5)
- red, yellow, green bell peppers (3 cups, thinly sliced. I used the Trader Joe's frozen tri-color bell pepper strips - made this very easy!)
- white onion (1/3 of large size, thinly sliced)
- diced tomatoes in sauce (1 small can)
- dried oregano (2 teaspoons)
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- olive oil
Finely chop the garlic cloves. Season the mahi-mahi fillets with the dried oregano, salt and pepper. To each piece with some of the chopped garlic. Set in the fridge and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat 1/2 cup of olive oil. Add the onion and bell peppers and cook for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Add tomatoes with sauce, season with salt and pepper and simmer for several minutes.
In a separate skillet, heat some olive oil. Add the mahi-mahi to skillet with the minced garlic. Cook until golden, about 5 minutes on each side.
Divide sauce among plates and top with fish.