12.04.2010

Sauteed Kale and Mushrooms with Polenta




Clearly I had too much kale and mushrooms so I had to come up with something else to make based on what I had in my kitchen. The result kale and mushrooms with homemade polenta. Cooked polenta can be used as a base for toppings, such as sauces, cheeses, vegetables, and meat, much the same way that pasta can. Since I'm really diggin' the kale and mushroom combination, I figured sauteing them to top on some polenta would be a great idea. It was! Try it and see. This could be a great starter for a dinner party, a vegetarian main dish or a side to a meat course.


Ingredients:
  • Polenta corn grits
  • kale
  • mushrooms
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper
Directions:

Cook polenta as directed on the package. I used Bob's Red Mill Organic Corn Grits - a simple and delicious way to make polenta. Meanwhile saute the kale and spinach in a large skillet.



Once the polenta is cooked through, spoon some polenta in a bowl. Top with the kale and mushroom mixture. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment