3.25.2011

Buckeye Candy

If you know me, you know I love The Ohio State Buckeyes. No matter what, good or bad seasons, even when they choke in big games or have legal issues, it doesn't matter I'm a Buckeye for life. Seeing that I'm from Columbus this is not a surprise - considering the indoctrination starts at a young age. (Except I heard from my niece, they are teaching the elementary school kids not only the OSU fight song, but also the Michigan one. This is where I have a problem with Bexley public schools - WTF is that about?!) 

So in honor of the tournament, I decided to whip up some Buckeyes (peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate) for my friends who didn't grow up on them and have the naivety not to be Buckeye fans. One way or another I'll reel them in...

Ingredients:
  • creamy peanut butter (2 cups, not all-natural)
  • powdered sugar (3, 3/4 cups)
  • butter (1/2 stick)
  • semi-sweet chocolate morsels (2 cups)
Directions:
Line baking sheet with wax paper or aluminum foil.

Add peanut butter and butter to a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar until mixture holds together.

Shape into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Freeze for 1 hour.


Once the peanut butter balls are frozen, melt the chocolate chip morsels and a tablespoon of butter in a medium size saucepan. Dip peanut butter balls into melted chocolate using a toothpick, leaving a portion of the center uncovered. 

Return to baking sheets and refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Or place in the freezer to set...


Store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge, as if there will be any...





No comments:

Post a Comment