- chickpeas (1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained)
- basil (2 tablespoons, chopped)
- Italian parsley (2 tablespoons, chopped)
- lemon juice (2 tablespoons)
- olive oil (4 teaspoons)
- garlic cloves (1 small)
- grated Parmesan cheese (1/3 cup)
- salt and black pepper
Combine rinsed and drained chickpeas, basil, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic in a medium bowl.
Add the grated Parmesan cheese and toss gently to blend all ingredients. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve chilled or at room temperature.