5.01.2011

Chicken Fajita Spinach Salad

This chicken fajita spinach salad with guacamole and salsa is my go to dinner salad.  Seeing that I'm not that big a fan of salad, I need new ways to trick myself in to eating any plate full of greenery. Since spinach leaves are my favorite greenery, I chose it as my base, filled it with sliced carrots, sauteed chicken and bell peppers and topped it with fresh avocado slices and a great salsa. I made this salad for my mom when she was here and she loved it - especially the salsa as a salad dressing idea!

Ingredients:
  • chicken breasts or tenders
  • bell peppers (sliced; I used the Trader Joe's frozen bell pepper strips)
  • avocado
  • good salsa
  • spinach leaves 
  • carrot slices
  • onion
  • garlic
Directions:
Sautee chicken and bell peppers with a little onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile fill a plate with spinach leaves and some shredded carrots. Once the chicken and bell peppers is ready, place on top of the spinach leaves. Top with sliced avocado and salsa. I usually put equal parts avocado and salsa, but go crazy and add as much or little of each as you want!




No comments:

Post a Comment