Here's another recipe I created during my latest self-imposed recipe challenge. This baked shrimp with a panko and feta crust concoction had made its way to regular dish status in my home. It's beyond easy, light and takes only minutes to assemble. A win for a weeknight dinner.
- shrimp (6 medium or large size, frozen or fresh)
- panko bread crumbs (1 tablespoon or enough to lightly sprinkle on top)
- feta cheese (1 tablespoon or however much you like)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper (a little for seasoning)
- basil, oregano or italian seasoning (a little for seasoning)
Preheat oven to 450. Coat a small ramekin (or another small baking dish) with a tablespoon (or two) of olive oil. Place the rinsed shrimp on top. Season with salt and pepper and either basil, oregano or italian seasoning. Top with some panko bread crumbs and the feta. Sprinkle a little bit of olive oil on top of the bread crumb and feta mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and opaque. Be sure to keep an eye on it so not to overcook the shrimp. Serve immediately and enjoy!
A big dish of this would be a great and quick and easy appetizer or first course for a dinner party!