4.13.2011

Quick Pad Thai


Honestly, sometimes I come with the wackiest ideas that don't end well! But my latest random idea has resulted in a new favorite dish. Not wanting to go to the grocery store because of pure laziness coupled with a desire to not be wasteful, I decided I would not grocery shop until I used every food item in my cupboards, refrigerator and freezer. So I was forced to use items I've thought of using but never have - first up in the experiment thai rice noodles and thai red curry sauce. My end result, a quick pad thai with sauteed chicken and a variety of vegetables. Deliciously easy!


Ingredients:
All of the ingredients came from Trader Joe's. I've made this dish a few times and do not have exact measurements, it all depends on how many people you are making for or how many leftover meals you want to have. 
  • thai rice noodles
  • thai red curry sauce
  • frozen red, yellow and green bell peppers
  • garlic (minced)
  • chicken
  • frozen french green beans
  • crushed red pepper flakes
Directions:

Cook the Thai rice noodles according to the package.

In a wok or large skillet, saute minced garlic and chicken. Once the chicken is half way cooked, add the bell peppers and green beans. Saute until the chicken is done and peppers are lightly browned and the green beans are to your desired crispness.


Once the noodles are cooked, drain. Add to the wok with the cooked chicken and vegetables. Add some of the thai red curry sauce to the wok and stir so the sauce covers the noodle mixture.


Cook over low heat until the sauce is warmed through. Sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes over top. Serve hot! 


This is great for leftovers the next day. Take it to work and your co-workers will be impressed that you made your own pad thai!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! You have so many great ideas, thanks for sharing them with those of us that are cooking challenged!

    ReplyDelete