11.29.2012

Smoothie Overload!

These cute signs are on the wall at my new favorite lunch spot, Protein Bar

The holidays are a perfect time to indulge so instead of going crazy from Thanksgiving to Christmas, I figured I should space out the overindulgence! So post Thanksgiving, to balance out all the desserts, drinks, fried foods and whatever else makes holidays awesome, I started a smoothie "cleanse." There are no directions, no steps really - just homemade smoothies for 2 meals and a sensible 3rd meal for a # of days. ( I lasted about 4 days!) Truth be told this was not hard for me because I have a smoothie almost every morning for breakfast because its easy, filling and one of the few things I can tolerate and actually want in the am. Below are a few of my latest go to smoothies.





Strawberry, Pineapple, Kiwi, Banana Smoothie

Blueberry Almond Smoothie

Really you can't go to wrong on smoothies. My standard ingredients are whatever fresh or frozen fruit is in the kitchen, some kind of flavor (honey, cinnamon, agave nectar), some protein (yogurt and almond or coconut milk) and ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment